The TKT Course Modules 1, 2 and 3
Test your teaching knowledge…
The TKT Course Modules 1, 2 and 3 Second edition offers thorough preparation for every aspect of the Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT). This brand new edition of the book is organised to reflect the TKT's three modules with each unit focusing on a separate syllabus topic.
The TKT Course Modules 1, 2 and 3 2nd edition features a range of new material, including:
- Revised and expanded information on key concepts in each area of the TKT syllabus
- An additional unit on 'Approaches to language teaching'
- New tasks in each unit for the Follow-Up, Reflection, Discovery and exam practice sections
- New, complete practice tests for each module
- A new section on 'Tips for preparing for the TKT'.
An excellent introduction to the principles and practice of English language teaching – perfect for trainee teachers, as well as experienced teachers wanting an internationally recognised qualification. The material is ideal for independent study or those following a TKT course and is for teachers of students at all levels.
Also available online for institutions and individuals
What is the TKT?
TKT, The Teaching Knowledge Test is an internationally available exam from Cambridge ESOL for teachers of English. TKT tests your knowledge about teaching in three core modules:
- Language and background to language learning and teaching
– the knowledge behind good teaching techniques, understanding how learners learn, and describing language.
- Lesson planning and use of resources for language teaching
– the knowledge that helps you to plan effective lessons.
- Managing the teaching process and using appropriate resources.
– the knowledge you need to manage your classroom.
The TKT can be taken by both in-service or trainee teachers. All you need is a minimum level of English of B1 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or Preliminary English Test (PET) level.
For more information about the TKT syllabus, or to find a test centre near you, visit www.cambridgeesol.org/tkt